As an example, Insurers utilizing various lines of business through Phoenix and other traditional applications face restrictions in what their agents can fully view and analyze. Like many back-end rating systems, Phoenix has its limitations that reduce full assessment potential for agents or other end-users. While it may sufficiently serve the needs of underwriting, it is not a system that allows for an easily managed sales process. Even for a skilled user, getting quotations entered and qualified can be a time-consuming process. The cost of entry is often a hurdle because the agent cannot provide a “quick ballpark” quote for the customer, having instead to go through a time-consuming full quote.
While Phoenix does an adequate job on the policy administration side, there is no easy way through Phoenix to create a flexible user experience to help expedite the questionnaire process. The workflow between an Underwriter and an agent using Phoenix is not streamlined. Without an easy-to-use sales portal for agents and underwriting, the quotation process can be costly and inefficient for all parties involved, resulting in a higher risk of losing a potential sale.
The ideal solution would allow you to leverage and improve your existing investment with Phoenix with a complementary system that would:
- Make it easier for your agent force to sell more insurance while still managing risk
- Reduce the cost and complexity of each sale for both carrier and the agent
- Enable agents to provide a rapid “ballpark” quote in a matter of minutes
- Easily add new lines of business
- Increase the effectiveness of your underwriting staff
- Extend your quotation process to include underwriting-specific questions
- Codify standard underwriting checks and balances into referral rules to manage only flagged exceptions
- Provide an agent-underwriter workflow/messaging process